I recorded this video of a collared lizard couple in Mesquite Campground in PDCSP about a week ago. When I found them, the male was next to the female with his right fore limb on her back. shortly after, you will see a short sequence of courtship between the two. He then separates from her to survey his territory and she continues to bask on a warm rock. Isn’t lizard love grand! These are no ordinary lizards by the way, they can run bipedally when necessary to avoid predators.
- Check us out at our new Twitter @TexasWildEd , catch up on our crazy adventures and follow us on new ones. 2 years ago
- Behind the Scenes: Bloopers to byways and everything in between - bed bugs rain down on us wp.me/P2lfHQ-9l via @wordpressdotcom 2 years ago
- Southern Plains Montage: our first "long" film wp.me/p2lfHQ-9d via @wordpressdotcom. Check this out for a visual and audio escape! 3 years ago
- Woods of the Apache and a marsh of my dreams wp.me/p2lfHQ-8e via @wordpressdotcom 3 years ago
- Photos of a Panhandle sunset, Prairie sky on fire! wp.me/p2lfHQ-81 via @wordpressdotcom 3 years ago
amphibians Aoudad audio Bastrop State Park bats birding birds bird watching bison black bear Blue Springs State Park bobcat bobcats Bosque del Apache brazilian free-tailed bat buffsgonewild camping Caprock Canyons State Park caprock canyons state park and trailway Caprock Canyon State Park carnivore Clarity Tunnel colorado conservation courtship coyote Cryptotis parva deer dslr video feral pigs FLIR Florida free-tailed bats hiking Jim Ray kids and wildlife least shrew lizard macro mammals Matlack and Story nature nature writing New Mexico outdoors Palo Duro Canyon Palo Duro Canyon State Park panhandle Pantex photography prairie rattlesnake pronghorn raccoons Ray Matlack red spotted toad reptiles rocky mountain national park sandhill cranes snakes Texas Texas horned lizard Texas panhandle Texas Wild thermal camera thermal imaging for wildlife viewing thermal video video videography West Texas A&M University wildlife wildlife biology wildlife film wildlife photography wildlife viewing wild turkey